Monday, August 8, 2016

Aug 1, 2016 Cloud 9







Hey guys. Wow.... so this week has been excellent!! I dont even really know where to begin haha. So I will start off with this. We FINALLY got a baptism here!!! The first one in a year in Lirquén. (I will attach photos) Her name is Ana Bravo. And I first just have to say that I recognize that I didnt do much in her conversion process... The Lord knows who he wants in his Church, and prepares them. We are just here to find them at the right point in their journey and teach them a little and help them feel the spirit to make the correct decision. She has participated in the church for many years, and was right about to get baptized like 7 years ago. But something happened and she didnt end up doing it. She sort of then just distanced herself because she just didnt feel ready. But I met her like 2 months ago at a ward activity where after she told me "I want to get baptized. Im sure about it now." And it took us a couple weeks to finally have our first lesson with her, but we did and she is obviously a reference from a member. She is best friends with this one family who have helped nourish the seed while she hasnt been attending church or anything.

Long story short, she had a baptismal date for august 6th and everything was going ood. but then last thursday our ward mission leader asked if we could possibly move up the baptism so that her husband could be there. Because he works in the south of chile and wasnt going to be there on the 6th. We decided to ask President Catalas permission and he said there was no problem (because she went to church for the 3rd time yesterday and got baptized immediately after the meeting). Also the rule is you have to be living all the commandment for at least 2 weeks before. But she drank tea a week and a half ago... but we hadnt even taught her the word of wisdom yet because it was all sort of a rushed process but president said its fine because she didnt know. But she accepted it immediately when we taught it to her. So in her baptism her husband and son were both there (along with like 20 other family members) but they both work in the south. And the son was so happy for his mom because he investigated the church for a whole year in Penco but never got baptized. He even went to institute for a whole semester. But said that when he is in lirquen he wants to go to church with his mom. Then her granddaughter tells her after the service that she would like to be a member of our church. haha so we scheduled a FHE with her on friday :)
I also directed the baptismal service, it was pretty cool. The first time Ive done something like that. And there was some technical issues with the restoration video we showed so I had to stall... I just taught the first lesson basically from God is our loving heavenly father up until the apostasy and said this video will clarify what happend after that then... haha it was funny. Also the guy baptizing her started doing the prayer with his left arm to the square (I was a witness so I was right next to the font and had to stop him and have him turn around to do it with his right arm) hahaha

Anyways we are seeing pure miracles in my sector. Im so greatful that the Lord is blessing me to see some results of our labors before I head home. We have had so many lessons with members present as well with is a huge blessing. Like it says it Doctrine and Covenants 59:21 nothing offends God more, than those that 1 dont keep his commandments and 2 dont confess his hand in all things.

Never forget where the blessing in our life really come from.

Love you guys tons! See you in 10 short days :)

(by the way I just feel like I am on cloud 9 this week... haha thats why I wrote that)

Love Elder Hartvigsen

No comments:

Post a Comment