Wednesday, June 1, 2016

May 24, 2016 Biggest Spider Ever

My last interview with President Arrington

and this nasty huge spider that got into our house somehow. Oh I actually know how.... there is an inch gap at the bottom of our front door that practically ANYTHING could crawl through! hahaha #goodoldchileanarchitecture

This is something we aer doing for President´s birthday on June 6. We all printed this paper out and wrote on it "what we have learned from him" and took a picture with us holding the sign to make a huge 200 missionary collage!

it says "President Arrington, what I have learned from you is to never give up on myself and just always keep on going!"



Hey guys! So its been another good week. And we are starting the last week of the cambio, so should be interesting right? I think I am going to stay and finish my mission here, but we wont know until next week.. haha but Im good with whatever happens!!

So last week we had interviews with President Arrington, and it was our last one with him, because he goes homein 6 weeks. And the new President Catala (from Buenos Aires) arrives! Anyways, I will send a pic that I took with him and sister Arrington because i didnt have any with them. He has been a great help and support to me during my mission, so Im really greatful for that! And his wife of course is AWESOME too!!

okay, so saturday night we had 2 very different encounters with Evangelicals that made me laugh on one occasion, and feel scared on the other one. 1. We saw some people buying completos on saturday morning, and we went into this little house where they were making them, and we bought a couple, and realized that it was a fundraiser for an Evangelical church. haha we were like oh cool! good for them! And its funny because when an Evangelical sees us they will almost always say "Hello brothers, God bless you! Blessings!!" (I think thats their way of trying to be nice and respectful haha) anyways I told my comp afterward.... that the completos werent very good, but thats okay. Because it was for a good cause. #supportthegreatappostasy
2. Yeah that same night we were walking past a different really small Evangelical church on this hill at about 9 PM, and thats usually when they are all in church anwyays. And its very common to hear the Pastor inside sort of yelling and preaching repentance and stuff, and hear loud "hallelujah´s" etc. or music playing.... but what we heard was totally different. We heard the pastor (or some man) absolutely yeling and shouting and really the only words I heard him repeat were things like "the spirits of God, and  the spirits of the Devil" and in the background their were at least 2 or more women absolutely WAILING!!! (remember in the movie the other side of heaven when those Tongans are mourning for the deceased.... yeah it was like the same thing) and Im pretty sure they were trying to perform some healing, or casting out of spirits or something weird like that.

I just felt sort of sick to my stomach and scared for the people inside, and we only listened from the outside for like 5 to 10 seconds! and then we left. It reminds me a lot of the scripture in the New Testament in Matthew 7:21-23

 21 ¶Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth thewill of my Father which is in heaven.
 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you:depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
They do work "miracles" in other churches. But I know that its not always by the power of god. And so it something crazy to think about. Anyways, I give thanks that we do have the Priesthood in our church, and that we do have the Holy Ghost!
Thats about it for this week. Love you guys!! 
Con much amor, Elder Hartvigsen

No comments:

Post a Comment