Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Jan. 18, 2016 My 25 yr. old Bolivian Son


They have these all over Conce

Elder Soliz




Heyyyy guys! I hope everyone is doing good back there. Things are going well here too. So I went and picked up my NEW companion from the mission office on tuesday. His name is Elder Soliz. He is from Oruro, Bolivia! He is 25 years old, and has only been a member of the church for 3 years. He is super great. We get a long really well, and I am excited to get to know him better and have a great cambio (transfer) together here! Its been pretty tough for him this week trying to adjust and stuff to the missionary life. More than anything he misses his girlfriend. Because she is the one that introduced him to the church. And they had been dating for 5 years, and then 3 years ago he got baptized, and they both did their missionary papers together, and got their calls together, and left on the very same day! And she is in Paraguay. So I am trying hard to get him excited here about the work and everything, and get his mind thinking about other things here to distract him :) 

And its been a little bit of a stressful week, just because I am training him. And so I have basically had the entire load of my sector on my shoulders, and having to worry about the missionaries in my district as well. And at the same time, our sector is just about dead as far as people to teach. So I have basically been praying hard this week for Heavenly Father to let me know the reason why I am still here in this sector. I know there is a reason, and I just want to figure it out! Also I am praying hard for his help, because as a District leader, my sector needs to be a sector that is an example  or a model to all the other sectors. And I honestly feel like I am in one of the hardest sectors ever! So I am trying to see if the Lord will bless me to be able to accomplish what he is requiring of me.

Anyways, Santos is progressing, and should be receiving the Aaronic Priesthood in 2 weeks. And you better believe I will be blessing the sacrament with him :) haha. Also this wednesday there is a worldwide training meeting for all missionaries and so that should be super interesting. Im way excited! umm... other than all that, I dont think there is much more news. Its blithering hot here, but nevertheless we are enjoying it! Oh, and mom tell grandma Jessie that her package got here last week, and the one from you guys got here today! So Christmas has finally arrived for Elder Hartvigsen :) hahaha thanks for everything guys. Keep reading the scriptures daily!!!! We can't afford not to put on the armor of God, in the sin sickened world that we live in!

Con much amor
Elder Hartvigsen

No comments:

Post a Comment