Monday, December 7, 2015

Nov. 30, 2016 6 months here in Hualpen


Mini cambio with Elders Mesa and Murillo

Elder Mesa on the right is from Columbia but his family just moved to Provo!

and the guy in the blue shirt next to my comp is Hermano Luman who is hilarious, and is the member who helped us the whole time, because we always met in his house and he is good friends with Santos. The other guy on the left is this Evangelical dude that is friends with them both that just came to watch. Apparently he loved the service, and could be interested :)



P-day eve pizza party



Hey guys!!! So we had a super great week. First and foremost because.... Santos got baptized! POR FIN (finally!) haha

It definitely took him a while... but he is super happy about the decision he made, and I have good hope that he will remain strong in the church!


 Elder Parker got to baptize him!! I mean... I would have loved to have done it seeing that it would have been my first one and all. But the important thing is that Santos got to choose. He didn't really have a preference, he just said "uhhh Elder Parker perhaps, because I think it would be easier for you to do it because you are bigger". hahaha I was like WHAT? are you kidding me man? I could have totally handled it ;)


Also today is transfers, and all 4 of us in the house stay the same. So that should be interesting, because Im going to be in Hualpèn for 4 cambios or 6 months. The only thing that is going to chance is the fact that I am gonna be District Leader this cambio! President called me last night on the phone to extend the calling. It should be interesting. voy a tener cualquier pega! (I am gonna have tons of work to do!) But I'm really excited about the next opportunity to serve :)

So summer is definitately getting here FINALLY! Its pretty hot, and basically things are going well, not much to report on. Actually yesterday was our first sunday in our church building. Because for the last 6 months we had been attending in the Stake Center and that really made the entire ward become really discouraged, and the attendance dropped to about 60 and now that we are in our ward, I think its going to be way better for the people here. We had 86 in church yesterday, with the confirmation of Santos as well! It was an EXCELLENT sunday :)

Have a great last month or so of school right? Or a couple weeks before Christmas vacation! I love you all tons. Thanks for the prayers and support on your behalf!

chaito. un abrazo
Elder Hartvigsen

No comments:

Post a Comment