Tuesday, March 10, 2015

March 8, 2014 Visitors from home!!!



Well... first off, guess who I ran into wandering around Talcahuano!? haha. It was really fun to see Brother and Sister Hilton here with Brian. And mom and dad thanks for sending the little package! My comp absolutely LOVED the beef jerkey! haha its his favorite thing ever. Also the letters were great! Thanks a lot guys! Brit and Cole thanks for sending something! And the birthday wishes too.

Grandma also sent me a little package this week, which IDK if I told you or not... but tell her thanks! Always good to hear from her :) ... on Saturday we had a whole mission wide fast! And since our investigator Carlos has been coming to church every week, and reading the Book of Mormon almost daily with his wife and hasn't quite gotten an answer if its true or not... we decided to invited him to fast with us! Turns out he actually did! He came to church fasting and everything! We haven't heard how it went for him yet... but it was something that I sure hope will help him! but this guy truly is awesome!

He met with the bishop with his wife and he wants to start paying tithing. Believe it or not! But can`t because he isn't a member yet. (Dad... is that true that you cant pay tithing if you aren't a member?) Anyway... he is going to pay a fast offering, and he told us that even though he hasn't gotten an answer yet, he knows "we are heading down a good path!" Which is a really good sign! Please pray for Carlos!

And how I saw the Atonement in my life this week is this: That while we were fasting, I had complete strength to climb up and down the hills, in the beating sun, and work all day, with a great attitude, not even thinking about the hunger. Most of the day I forgot I was even fasting, and then remembered I hadn't eaten or drunken anything since the day before... but was able to work hard. And then as we were coming home for the night, the tiredness began to hit me. Once we walked in the door, I collapsed in my chair exhausted! and we planned a little, and then I hit the hay. And slept like a baby!  OK it doesn't sound like that was even an experience worth repeating... but I know that the enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ is what helps us accomplish the little things during the day that we wouldn't be able to do by ourselves. For example, help edify me through this fast. I could DEFINATELY tell the difference between what was my own physical strength and will power, and that help that was given me!

Just a cool way to see the Lords hand in my life! I challenge all of you to watch SPECIFICALLY every single day, for "How you saw the Atonement of Jesus Christ in your life that day." (remember that their are 2 main parts to the Atonement: Enabling, and Redeeming. But I believe there are a lot more things that relate to the Atonement. We just need to be watching to find them out) I promise that you will see and recognize more of the blessings in your life. And especially when we have spiritual experiences, if we will write them down, and ponder on them... that shows the Lord that we cherish those experiences. And then he will give us more of them! Thats a promise from an apostle!

I hope you guys have a great week! Love you tons!

Elder Hartvigsen

No comments:

Post a Comment