Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Mar. 28, 2016 Pascua de la Resurreccion! (Easter Sunday)


Hey guys, so I hope you have all had a great week. Seriously this week has been super super good for us. Remember how I was sort of bummed last week for being a bit sick, and the work was just going really really slow. Well Im not sure what we did to deserve such a good week this week .... but we seriously have found so many different new people to teach. Granted not all seem like golden investigators, but there are a couple who seem promising. So we are excited for the chance to be able to work with lots of new people and see if they progress or not.

A funny story this week, is how we were knocking on doors on this certain street that Elder LeCheminant "hates" (because he has been here for 6 months and has talked to everyone on that street and really doesnt have much desire to keep knocking on those same doors hahaha. basically how I felt in HualpĂ©n everyday) anyways... we knock on this guys door, that my comp had never talked to. And you have to realized that this house was a POOR HOUSE. Like seriously, Or at least from the outside thats how it looked. Made of 2x4s and plywood. With thin tin sheets to cover the walls and roof. Like the most basic of chilean construction that there is. Anyways the guy Reinaldo says know that he is sort of busy etc.... and Elder LeCheminant just says "can we please just share a 2 minute video with you about Easter and Christ´s resurrection?" and he was like... yeah sure really quickly, come on in. And Elder Fuentealba and I look at eachother both thinking the same thing. How are we going to show this guy the video thats on my thumbdrive when Im sure he doesnt have a computer even a half decent TV. anyays we walked in.... I immediately look on the wall to my left, and spot this BIG OLD 50 inch or so LG flat screen smart TV. hahahaha I looked back at elder Fuentealba and just had the biggest smile on my face trying not to let the guy notice. hahah and then I remembered I was in Chile. And thats how it is here... Brady knows what Im talking about. You could have the junkiest little shack as a house, and all the kids have smart phones, or tablets, and a big old smart TV. haha

And well on a sad note, I totally found out about the terrorist attack in brussels. And then a couple days later found out that Mason Wells was one of the missionaries, so that is just awful. Also a member showed me the interviews and stories online. So im sure you guys will have already sent me that stuff, but anyways thats just terrible. Keep them in your prayers!!

Keep getting pumped up for general conference, and remember to watch it with QUESTIONS IN MIND. I am doing the same thing, and I have the certainty that throught the spirit (not necessarily something that someone says) our questions will be answered. I know that this church is true. That Christ directs his church, and I also know that we are getting closer and closer to the second coming every single day. So thats why general conference gets sicker and sicker every 6 months! hahaha The prophet is inspired. Keep reading the scriptures daily too!!

Love you tons!
Elder Hartvigsen

No comments:

Post a Comment